Bear Hugs

Today I'm sharing a card I created and I just have to say how much I love this stamp/die set from Mama Elephant. This sentiment is so beautiful that I had to use it - I'll be saving this card for next years mothers day :) Just not sure if its for my mum or for me....lol (I really love this card!)

I also got to (finally!!!) try creating my own night sky background using distress inks -   I used Black Soot, Chipped Sapphire, Seedless Preserves, Victorian Velvet, and Antique Linen. This video by Kristina Werner is an excellent video showing you the technique involved. Simple really....mask it off and start blending till your happy :)




I added 'droplets' of Dylusions spray - White Linen and gold and silver leaf to the stars and moon to give them an awesome shine. The photos don't show it - but they're very bright :)

I plan on making a whole bunch of cards using this stamp set, as you'll see in the next photo I went a little overboard with my copic colouring (practice). This was the first time using "browns" and these bears though not 'huge' weren't tiny either. 



Happy Crafting!

Samantha

Comments

  1. Gorgeous card Samantha :-) the bears are adorable and beautifully coloured too, the shading is fabulous! the starry sky background is awesome too! LOVE it :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! Such sweet images and sentiment!! Love that background!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card. I LOVE your starry night background!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

Guest Designer: Beth Duff Designs (+ Blog Hop!)