A super quick tutorial!

The other day I wanted to try an idea with a stamp set I've had for awhile. I thought I'd take a few quick photos to share my process. Nothing fancy, certainly a technique that many card makers have used but a fun one that can be used in so many different ways!

The art of Masking...

I first cut a piece of white card (Canson) slightly larger than my 4.25"x 5.5"  rectangle die (MLPW rectangle nesting dies -TRIBAL). I marked where the die would cut so I could work out where to stamp the images. Using Unity 'under the sea' stamp set I stamped the jelly fish 5 times in a row.  


I used post-it notes to mask off the jelly fish faces. 



Once the faces were masked, I used painters tape to mask off another area. 
TIP: I also added an extra row to the top to cover all the white, as I didn't want to get any ink on this area. 


I chose three distress ink colours - Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid lagoon, and Salty Ocean. 
Then using a blending tool, blended them together from light to dark within the masked area.


Pulled off the painters tape (with clean hands!!!)


Then removed the post-it notes.


I then added (lots of) sparkle to their heads using a gelly roll - clear pen and put it through my cuttlebug to die-cut a rectangle. I also added the sentiment and finished it off with My Little Paper World sequins (Blue Lagoon - available soon).

The finished card....



Thanks for stopping by! Hope you enjoyed this quick photo tutorial on masking...

Don't forget I'm hosting a creative challenge - open to all! For details head on over to my Facebook group - You could win an awesome prize and the best part is you don't need to use any My Little Paper World products to enter (though nice to see if you do!) Ends 31st May 2016 so get your entries in!

Happy Crafting!

Samantha

My Little Paper World Rectangle Nesting Die - TRIBAL
Get 10% off this weekend (20-22nd May 2016)
email: mylittlepaperworld.enquiry@gmail or private message through MLPW Facebook group for an invoice. 






Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing! Your projects are inspiring!! I just decided to make one of your mini albums with my 4H club. Any pointers? Thanks so much, Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

A Super Quick Card!