Magical Holidays

Today I am sharing some more Christmas inspired cards for Craftie Café!

However, when I got this set I already knew how versatile this Waffle Flower stamp set was that I was also able to create some birthday cards with it.

Below you will find a supplies list (with links) as well as some written instructions on how these cards were made. I originally thought I would colour the horse/unicorn but once I stamped it I really just wanted to create a background with it and make the ‘magical’ die the central focus.




Craftie Café

 Other

Tape Runner
Vellum
StazOn Ink - Black
Scissors/Paper Trimmer
Black Card/Pattern Paper/Silver and Gold Glitter Card
My Little Paper World – Rectangle Nesting Die TRIBAL
MISTI
Cuttlebug
Silver Embossing Powder
VersaMark
Heat tool
Jelly Roll Glitter Pen

Instructions:

Using pattern card die cut a large rectangle or use measurements below and cut out a rectangle.
Measurements: 4 ¼ inches x 5 ½ inches
 Repeatedly stamp Waffle Flowers horse image as shown
 (TIP: I started stamping in the middle (right) area first so that most of a horse could be seen.)
 Using StazOn Ink stamp the wings on vellum then die-cut them.
Adhere the wings to the card front then attach card front to a black card base and trim off any excess vellum.
Heat Emboss the sentiment on a thin strip of black card – adhere to card.
Die-cut the word ‘magical’ 3x using black card and 1 x using silver glittery card.
Adhere all four together (with the silver card on top) and attach this to card as shown.  

 
I finished the card off with a jelly roll glitter pen which I’ve had for years – but it worked really well (still) following the lines of the stamped out images compared to the brush of my Wink of Stella.

Here are the rest of the cards I created using this stamp and a few different kinds of pattern paper. I intend to use this stamp set again to create another birthday card – in rainbow colours because I didn’t get the chance to use the unicorn part that this stamp set…like I said this stamp/die set is versatile and can be used in a few ways!








Happy Crafting and thanks for stopping by!


Samantha

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

Guest Designer: Beth Duff Designs (+ Blog Hop!)