Craftie Cafe: Happy Dads Day!

What a crazy week! I can’t believe we are well in to August already! Weekends starting from July seem to be birthday party after birthday party! My littlest just turned ONE! And my eldest will be FIVE in two weeks. Life is feeling very full at the moment – and the only thing I wish would improve is this cold weather! (I’m writing this in bed with a cold that I got from the kids who all had it last week…) So with all this (non-stop) life stuff happening I’m super happy to at least admit that I’m super organised in the cards department – today I’m sharing a card I made for Craftie Café.

Yup! Father’s Day themed – it’s perfect because September really is just around the corner and father’s day also happens to fall on the same weekend as both my parents birthday – normally I would combine a card for their birthday (add a P.S Happy Father’s Day at the bottom) but this year is one of those BIG number birthdays so separate cards for everyone! Including the Father’s Day…

Here is the card:


I first die-cut a large rectangle for my card front and stamped the background using the battery stamp in light grey ink. Next I die-cut the Lil’ Inkers ‘dad’ die using white card and again x3 using blue card. I did some gradient ink blending on the white die-cut ‘dad’ using Lawn Fawn ink – Fish Tank and then stamped the Lil’ Inkers - battery stamp using Gink K Ink - Ocean Mist on top. I adhered these together to create some dimension as you can see in the close up photos below. I repeated this 3x (to create the rest of the ‘dad’ words) and then finished the card off by stamping the sentiment at the bottom and adding some blue enamel dots.


I really enjoyed making this card and the stamp set also comes with a few cute sentiments that work well for a number of different occasions. I decided to make a Birthday card using the same techniques – this time in green and another in red (which I created a video tutorial of). I need to keep adding to my card stash – since the foreseeable future is full of birthday weekends!




Below you will find a list of supplies (with links) used to make these cards, along with the video.

Supplies List.

Craftie Café
Other
Tape Runner/Glue Pen
Scissors/Paper Trimmer
Neenah White Cardstock
Cardstock (Bazzill) – Blue, Red, Green.
Altenew Inks – Rock Collection
Clear Stamp Block
Cuttlebug
Enamel Dots




Video



Happy Crafting and I hope to see you again for my next Craftie Café card!
Feel free to leave a comment – are you a super organised card maker, or a last minute (crap! I need a card!) maker…

Samantha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

Guest Designer: Beth Duff Designs (+ Blog Hop!)