Craftie Cafe: Home Sweet Home


APRIL! Already? Where has the time gone?

Today I’m sharing a few cards I created for Craftie Café. These cards were intended to be mother’s day (which is fast approaching!) themed cards but they could suit a few other occasions as well. I didn’t feel like colouring when I created these cards – so I chose to ‘paper piece’ instead. I love the look of pattern paper on Kraft card – I chose light ‘earthy’ pattern paper with a geometric and floral element in them. I kind of wanted to go for a quilted look…

Here is my card:

Video


I also created two additional cards – keeping to the same theme and technique as the first. I’m lucky to have a Silhouette machine that I used to cut out a few of the more detailed images – but good sharp scissors were also used and though it was a little time consuming most of the cutting was done while watching my favourite T.V show. I also added Lawn Fawns – Stitched Circles to create a ‘hill’ scene in one of the cards.

Here is my second card:



SUPPLIES LIST:




Tim Holtz – Stamping Platform

Other:
Tape Runner
Scissors/Paper Trimmer
Kraft Cardstock
White Card Base

Cuttlebug
Twine – Neutral
MISTI
Versafine Black Onyx Ink
Pattern Paper
Sewing Machine 
Silhouette Cameo


Here is the last card I created using Jane's Doodle: Home Sweet Home stamp set.




Adding dimension by using the stamped images is a great way to add interest to a card. I need to do it more often...imagine how many other stamp sets this technique could be done with!

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Crafting.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

Guest Designer: Beth Duff Designs (+ Blog Hop!)