Elizabeth Craft Designs: April Challenge (Scissor Spring Mechanism)

This one was a fun challenge for Elizabeth Craft Designs! I created two cards today to demonstrate use of their awesome Scissor Spring Mechanism die!

Here are the cards:
I kept the card quite simple - I wanted to draw attention to these fun interactive butterflies!

The butterflies are from the set: Bugs and Butterflies. I coloured the butterflies using Copic Markers then die cut them with the co-ordinating dies. At first I die cut the Scissor Spring using white card but I changed my mind and wanted to see if they would cut through acetate - no issues at all! I just added a shim to cut through it. Acetate is pretty sturdy stuff too so perfect for little kids (or big kids...) to got nuts on the wobble action the spring gives to the butterflies!
I simply embossed the background and adhered it to a colour co-ordinating card base. The slider was also a fun component to this card. I used Elizabeth Craft Designs: Slider's and Spinner's die. The card is embellished with twine and sequins.

Supplies Used:

Clear Double Sided Adhesive
Soft Finish Cardstock - White/Spring Green/Rosebud

Other:
Acetate
Copic Markers
Twine
Sequins
Embossing Folder
3D Foam Tape
Sewing Machine

Here is the second card:
Again, I kept it simple this time excluding the slider and using all three of the scissor spring mechanism dies. It's difficult to capture but there are three sizes so each butterfly sits on the card at a different height - adding a little more interest to this interactive card.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed my cards for this months Elizabeth Craft Designs challenge. For more inspiration check out their blog and see other uses for this Scissor Spring Mechanism die from our Design Team members. Don't forget to check out the give away details below!

For today's challenge Elizabeth Craft Designs are giving away a $20 Gift Card to use on our website to 3 winners

To enter simply leave a comment on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Facebook Giveaway Blog Post or the Elizabeth Craft Designs Challenge post and tell us What Elizabeth Craft Designs dies or stamp sets would you use with the Scissor Spring Mechanism die set to create a card, scrapbook layout of home decor item?

We will select 3 lucky winners in a random drawing 

The winners will be announced on Friday, April 20th on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog and our Facebook page.

Happy Crafting!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

A Super Quick Card!