Ink Road Stamps: Bloom where you are Planted! (Friday Feature)

It's Friday Feature over at Ink Road StampToday it's all about Bloom Where you are Planted!

Here is my first card.
This is one of those stamp set where one card idea multiplies in to five cards...The set has so many elements and cute sentiments. I used a few of the sentiments to create my backgrounds and the used the 'flower pots' as my feature for each card.
As you can see from the detailed photo above I used a few craft products such as glossy accents and clear heat embossing to create a subtle textural effect to the flower pots. There is machine stitched elements for each card and I've embellish them all with colour matching bows and enamel dots. Some of the flowers I chose to colour in with Copic markers others I left white (but coloured with a glitter pen) depending on how much colour was in the background. 

The card below was my original idea - I wanted to create a 'wall' of sentiments but since I'm big on texture at the moment I decided to stamp each sentiment out, machine stitch a border the cut them out before adhering them in a pattern on my card front.

I'm not going to pretend - I got half way through and wanted to change the idea. It was a long repetitive process but I think it turned out great and I was able to come up with another four ideas based around this card.
I love that this sentiment (in the photo below) fits like a jigsaw piece. I don't think it was intentionally created that way - but I managed to find a way to create a fun background pattern with it simply by stamping the sentiment next to each other even with its odd shape.
My final card below uses left over pots and flowers and a few of the 'wall' sentiment blocks I had left over. I went a little overboard with the detailed photos but I think it's a very pretty card, again lots of texture, glitter, and glossy elements...
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to check out the Ink Road Stamps blog to see what other fun projects the design team has created using Ink Road Stamps: Bloom where you are Planted.

Happy Crafting!












Instagram: My Little Paper World

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

Guest Designer: Beth Duff Designs (+ Blog Hop!)