Another Paper Flourish June card revealed.

I have to say that being on Paper Flourish Kaisercraft Card Kit Design Team has so far been an amazing experience...even if its only been a month!!! Aside from the lovely Kaiser products I get to play with its been a huge learning experience. This card is one example of this.

I've never worked from a kit before, I've always just bought paper that I love and mixed it with other brands of paper I love (Shhhh....Its resulted in the hoarding of quite a lot of miscellaneous pattern paper over the years!) So....needless to say when I received my June Kit I immediately went for the paper I LOVED - the kraft card was first, pinks were next, followed by anything neutral. There was one sheet of paper I put aside. I even showed my Hubby who agreed that the 'paper' wasn't my "style" and I'm pretty sure the word 'ugly' was used. :)

So after I created a few cards (and had a few ideas of what to create with the left overs) I was left with one sheet of pattern paper which I didn't really want to throw away or add to the pile of hoarded paper where it most likely wouldn't get used. It took 4 days to think of an idea/layout and another 3 days of playing around and just looking at it before I stuck anything down. Oh! and a LOT of 'pinteresting' - spring, leaf cards, flower backgrounds, spring quotes. 

But I got there....my creative 'mojo' finally took over and I created 2 cards from this pattern paper. The second card is actually my favourite out of all my June kit cards. I think mainly because I created it using paper out of my comfort zone and was really impressed with myself that I stuck to it.

Would love to know how many of my blog readers create with kits? Do you think they're easier to create with? What do you do when you don't like a paper or embellishment in your kits?? Post a comment and let me know your answers :)


Supplies Used: Kraft Card, White Card Stock, Berry Vine Die, Sequins, Font: Ostrich Sans (Size 24), Kaisercraft Paper: Prairie.



Here is the second card (my favourite!):


Supplies Used: Kraft Card, White Card Stock, Rolled Flower Die, Sequins, Gold Pen, Gold Thread, June Kit  Secret Garden Sticker Sheet, Kaisercraft Paper: Prairie, Foam Dots.



Another thing I love about these cards is how I used the die cuts. It's one of my favourite technique/product to use. I especially love the 'camouflage' technique (as attempted in card #1). I don't think that's the correct name but I've seen a few examples on Pinterest and hope to play around with this technique more...

Stay tuned for more June kit inspiration cards and for more information on how to purchase June (or future) Paper Flourish Kaisercraft Card kits head on over to Paper Flourish website here.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and happy crafting! 

Linked to Simon Says Stamp Wednesdays challenge: Favorite technique/product.

Samantha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

A Super Quick Card!