Hello and welcome!

Hello and welcome!


For my first blog post ever I wish to share with you a piece I created during the week. This was a competition challenge from Scrappit that had to include: mixed media textures, a metal embellishment, at least one stamped image and flowers.

This is what I created:



Of course I am hoping to win my first ever challenge, but to be honest I am just happy that I created something that isn't something I would normally create. I was also happy to use my Gelli Printing Plate for the second time since I got it and plan to use it again, and again and again. 

Here is another picture to show more details:


I used white card stock and a masking technique (with ripped paper) to create the border with a mixed media stamp from Prima. I then created the background using acrylic paints and my gelli plate. I also added a page from a random book that you can see under the green grass. A lot of this was me playing around with masking and stamping. The clouds and main flowers were both created with my silhouette cameo and again I used a masking technique to stamp two of the clouds. I also used Dylusions sprays on water colour paper for the two flowers at the bottom.


I am hoping to start another project similar to this to go next to it as I have a second frame that needs filling.  

Thank you for dropping by to see what I have created. I hope you visit again soon, I will be posting more as I get the hang of using a blog. 

Happy Crafting!

 Samantha
  

Comments

  1. What a gorgeous piece of artwork - so colourful & lots of texture - I love it! Look forward to seeing what you create next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your first blog post!!! And a nice piece of work to. Have followed by email :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love all the different textures, shapes and colours. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

Guest Designer: Beth Duff Designs (+ Blog Hop!)