Craftie Cafe: Trying something new...

I’m back again for Craftie Café – this time trying a new (for me) stamp brand! I generally stalk the Craftie Café website – waiting for new stock, or checking if I’ve missed something that I’d love to add to my stash. I saw this stamp a few times while browsing and was quite hesitant at first to try it. Being Christmas themed this month – I figured I’d give it a go and I’m really happy I did!

I’ve not heard of Nellie’s Choice brand – but Craftie Café stock a few of their stamps and I thought it worth a try to share with you what they’re like and how I use them. I decided to stick pretty close to the example shown on the packaging in terms of colours – using tradition Christmas colours,  with what Lawn Fawn ink I had (supplies list below) and I created a video tutorial of the process I used to create these cards.

Here is my card using Nellie Snellen’s (Nellie’s Choice) stamp set – Christmas Wreath.

  
The three layering stamps fit together really easily with the help of the guide that is part of the stamp. They also took the ink really well stamping a nice crisp image (I used Lawn Fawn inks and love them for most of my stamping because they’re a great quality ink). Below is my video on how I created the card above, I used my MISTI this time (as it fits within the video frame) but I would definitely recommend using a stamping platform or equivalent tool and because it’s a Christmas card using a stamping tool would make mass producing them so much easier – you’d have all your Christmas card completed!     




Video


SUPPLIES USED:

Craftie Café

Lawn Fawn Inks – Lobster, Walnut, Pine

Other
Tape Runner
Scissors/Paper Trimmer
Kraft Card
Red/Ivory Cardstock
Twine
Red Ribbon
Versamark Embossing Pen
Gold Embossing Powder
Heat tool
MLPW sequins
Cuttlebug

Happy Crafting!

Samantha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

Guest Designer: Beth Duff Designs (+ Blog Hop!)