Unity - April 2017 Kit of the Month (plus video)

So very very recently I started playing around with video editing software to learn how to create a craft video to inspire others and share different techniques. It was one of the things in my New Years Resolution post that I wanted to achieve this year - and Yay! I did...

It's still a very new skill and there is a lot of room for improvement - technically this is my second video (and I've also made a slideshow which you can view here), but I wanted to test out what the video would look like using a lamp as a light source as that was one of the issues I had (now heading into winter and overcast weather) with my first video. I also decided that for now its best to remove sound (unless you would like to hear the car revving noises a two and four year old can make, along with the relaxing cooing noises of a 8 month old...) and to just add text for additional instructions on how I make the cards in the video. 

Your feedback is very much welcome!

On to the cards...

These cards were made using Unity's April Kit of the Month and I've listed the items used, a few links as well as the video below.

I coloured the stamp using Copic markers - the markers used are listed below each photo and the bike was coloured in very loosely - I wanted to colour a little outside the lines and not blend the Copics in a traditional way. 


Copics: R00/R02/R05/C1/R32/R27/R29

 Copics: B000/B02/B05/C1/R32/R27/R29

 Copics: B000/B02/B05/C1/R32/R27/R29

 Copics: Y00/Y02/Y04/C1/R32/R27/R29

Copics: YR00/YR02/YR04/C1/R32/R27/R29

Copics: YR00/YR02/YR04/C1/R32/R27/R29

Video


***
Available to view on YouTube.

Supplies Used:


Tape Runner
Memento Ink - Grey Flannel
VersaMark Ink

White Embossing Powder
Heat Tool
Pattern Paper / Grey Card / Black Card
Enamel Dots
Twine
Scissors/Paper Trimmer

MISTI
Wink of Stella - Clear
Gold Heart Washi Tape
Cuttlebug

Happy Crafting and if you enjoyed watching this video, please subscribe to my YouTube channel. I'm hoping to make at least one video a month, more if time permits :)

Feel free to comment with your thoughts - perhaps even ideas on what you would like to see next? Techniques, specific brands of stamp, or simply a style of card that you like seeing me create.

Thanks for stopping by.

Samantha

Comments

  1. This is a great design - love all the different colourways! Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

Guest Designer: Beth Duff Designs (+ Blog Hop!)