A Not So Traditional Christmas Card...

Hello again!

Who’s ready for Christmas!

That’s right…! Today’s card I’m sharing some Christmas cheer and inspiration. 
Craftie Café has an abundant supply of Christmas themed stamps and dies. This month I’ve decided to play with some Waffle Flower stamps – though that shouldn’t be a surprise as they’re one of my favourite brands. 


Christmas however, is NOT one of my favourite type of card to make! In fact I generally leave it to the last minute…I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one! So for those who want to get organised (Christmas in July!) – Here is a card that you can easily create.


I like to stick to CAS type Christmas cards – cards that can be easily made over and over again. Which this card pretty much is. I first created a mask, played around with Waffle Flower Pattern Play and then once the mask was removed, stamped the bauble and adhered it to a card base. I also decided to play around with colours – who said Christmas has to be green, white and red! Bring on the Fluro!! Below are all the supplies (plus links) used to create this card. You can also check out my Video Tutorial.

VIDEO


Supplies Used:

Craftie Café

Other
Tape Runner
Versafine – Black Onyx Ink
Hero Arts – Neon Mini Ink
Scissors/Paper Trimmer
Black Card/White Neenah Solar White Card
My Little Paper World – Rectangle Nesting Die TRIBAL
MISTI
Cuttlebug


Here are a few more Cards using Waffle Flower Pattern Play/Peace on Earth/Merry that also further explore the use of a mask. The first card shows the reverse example of the card above - using the circle instead of the negative to create a striking fun card.


You could pretty much use anything - below I used a die-cut star instead of a circle. Change the sentiment and you could easily turn this in to a birthday card!


No Masking for the cards below - but it was so much fun playing with the Waffle Flower Pattern Play Stamps set that I really could help myself... :)



I'd love to see some of your non-traditional coloured themed Christmas cards - feel free to share them on Craftie Cafes Facebook page. I like to check this page regularly for inspiration and take advantage of any sales. 


Happy Crafting and thanks for stopping by!

Samantha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

Guest Designer: Beth Duff Designs (+ Blog Hop!)