Happy Mother's Day 2.0 (Craftie Cafe DT)

I'm back again with another Mother's Day theme inspired card for Craftie Cafe!
This time I'm using a stamp and die set called Fancy Flowers from My Favorite Things.

This blog is an extra special post as today I am also sharing my very FIRST video tutorial. You can view my second video I recently shared hereBe kind! There were a few hiccups (and a whole bunch of editing!) but overall I'm extremely happy and excited to share it with you.

In the tutorial I will share how I created the flowers for this mother's day card. You will also find below a few more card examples of non-mother's day cards to showcase how versatile this stamp set is.  


ZIG Brush Pens - 047/041/044/030/082/081

I've listed the supplies below with links and a few instructions on how to create the card base. Craftie Cafe have both the stamp and die set in stock and it's such a great stamp set to have in your stash.

Supplies Used:

Lawn Fawn Ink – Black Licorice



Other: 
Tape Runner
Multi-Medium Matte
Versafine – Black Onyx Ink
Scissors/Paper Trimmer

Light Grey/Dark Grey/Kraft/Ivory/White Cardstock
Ranger Watercolor Paper
Prima Watercolor Accents
My Little Paper World – Rectangle Nesting Die TRIBAL
My Little Paper World- Circle Nesting Die
ZIG Color Brush Pens

MISTI
Gold Washi Tape
My Little Paper World Sequins
Cuttlebug

Instructions for Card Base

Using grey card die cut a large rectangle or use measurements below and cut out a rectangle. 
Measurements: 4 ¼ inches x 5 ½ inches
 Next, Die cut a large circle, cut this in half and stamp your sentiment.
 Adhere a thin strip of gold washi tape as shown and adhere this to card front.
Adhere this to dark grey card base slightly larger than the measurements provided above.
Watch Video for ‘smooshing’ technique tutorial used to create card flowers. 

Available on YouTube.

VIDEO


Here are a few more cards to inspire you - again all the flowers were created using the same 'smooshing' technique. I pretty much spent an afternoon smooshing A4 watercolour sheets with ink, allowed them to completely dry overnight and then enjoyed a whole bunch of stamping and die-cutting the following day.











If you don't have ZIG color clear brush pens - Don't worry! - use whatever you have in your craft room - Distress Inks, Distress Pens, TOMBOW Brush Pens. Even playing around with Distress Crayons would be quite fun and give you a beautiful result.  

I hope you find the video inspiring enough to give it a go! It's lots of fun and you can't really go wrong with this watercolour technique - the flowers will look awesome and your fingers will be bright shades of orange, pink and purple for only a few days :)


Happy Crafting and for all the Mum's out there - go and be AWESOME!

Samantha

Comments

  1. such pretty cards and well done on your first video tutorial...thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

Guest Designer: Beth Duff Designs (+ Blog Hop!)