Flora & Fauna: Light it up!

About a month ago now I received a few things I had bought...one was my Chibitronics order and the other was from Flora & Fauna. I've been wanting to try these stamps for awhile and their Christmas release had a few things that I couldn't say no to. 

If you've previously read - I LOVE LOVE LOVE succulent/cactus's, pineapples and flamingos stamp (or dies)! But...lately I've started adding a few car stamps to my collection - I think because I have two boys who are hot wheels fanatics it was only a matter of time before their love of cars wore off on me! The other stamp release I love from Flora & Fauna is their Fa La La Llama - which I'll play with hopefully very soon! Because there is a story behind why I collect Llama stamps too!

So for today's blog I'm sharing a card using the Flora & Fauna WV Car die which I partnered up with Chibitronics. I ended up making a few of them (the same design) without the lights as well - it's nice to have a few Christmas cards prepared and not be in such a mad rush making cards the night before Christmas (which is the norm for me...)

Here is the card(s) - without the lights:



I used a whole bunch of left over Christmas patterned paper (from last year) for the die-cut WV car. I used vellum for the windows and for some of the cars I used silver washi tape (adhered to white card) to accent the lights and the bumpers of the car. There was quite a bit of die-cutting required to create these cards - but I found it quite therapeutic while I was watching some Supernatural... 



Here is a little (boomerang) video of the card I created using the Chibitronic lights.



Lights off:

Lights on:

It took a little time to figure out the electronic side to this card - the kit I bought did help but there were a few tutorials on their blog that were also very useful! I'm definitely playing with these some more - I have a few ideas and lots of stamps that they would work well with. I'll mention that the card is quite thick - something I'd have to get use to as I'm quite use to single layer cards or cards that only have a little bit of dimension on it. This is a card I'd also prefer to hand deliver rather then post...


Thanks for stopping by! 


Samantha

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

Guest Designer: Beth Duff Designs (+ Blog Hop!)