Craftin Desert Divas: Florals & Fairy tales (Creative Challenge)

During the week Craftin Desert Divas had a Florals and Fairy Tales Creative Challenge. My favourite fairy tales growing up were The Little Mermaid and Peter Pan. I also loved The Last Unicorn movie (which I wouldn't class as a fairy tale) but unicorns are definitely classed as magical and up there with the dragons, princesses and fairies. The Magical Wishes stamp set has all three characters - so it was perfect for this weeks theme.


I've created a few mermaid/ocean themed cards over the last few months and I really wanted to create a background that reflected the waves without re-using dies I've previously used to create the sea or waves. This die is from Craftin Desert Divas Fancy Frames and using a few different shades of blue pattern paper and card stock I created a repetitive die cut back ground. I LOVE small dies - especially ones that can create a pattern. 

I added machine stitched details and embellished the card with sequins and a twine bow. The stamped image was fussy cut (using my silhouette cameo) and coloured in with Copic markers.

I repeated this technique for the two cards below - changing the colour scheme to suit the stamped coloured in images. 

There is a lot more Floral and Fairy Tale inspiration over at Craftin Desert Divas Facebook group - here. These cards were quite fun to create - though the backgrounds took a bit of planning and repetitive die cutting I loved how each card turned out (especially the Unicorn rainbow colours!) 

Which one is your favourite? Do you have a favourite Fairy Tale? 
Happy Crafting!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

Guest Designer: Beth Duff Designs (+ Blog Hop!)