StickerKitten: Alpaca Wishes

Hello! Welcome back! This card was shared over at the StickerKitten blog last week - I'm playing blog catch up this month (because October has been absolutely CRAZY!) 

Today I'm sharing a few cards I created from the latest collection box from StickerKitten! Its called Alpaca Wishes and just like the name suggests its got really cute Alpaca's and a soft Christmas Wintery feel to it. It's one of my favourite collections so far! 

When I decide to create a set of cards I generally like to pick a technique or idea that can be creatively developed in different ways. These cards all focus around banners and I've included a quick tutorial below.
 Supplies List:

Alpaca Wishes Christmas Sequins
Alpaca Wishes Die-Cut Ephemera
Alpaca Wishes Christmas Paper Pack
Alpaca Wishes Photopolymer Stamps (Christmas Alpacas)

Other:
Cardstock
Grey Ink
Sewing Machine
Tape Runner/Glue dots/Multi Medium Matte
Paper Trimmer/Scissors
Silver Twine
Pencil
Card Instructions:

Step 1:  Cut seven strips of various patterned paper (measuring approx.: 2cm x 9cm).
Step 2: Create seven banners.
Using a pencil mark the center of a strip. Then cut a line from the corner of the paper to the pencil mark. Repeat this on the other side and for all strips of patterned paper.
Step 3: Adhere banners to card front leaving room to stamp the sentiments.
(Card front measurements: 10cm x 14.5cm)
Corner punch the top right corner.
Stamp sentiments in dark grey ink as shown in the photo.
Step 4: Adhere ephemera (scarf and saddle) using foam tape to the alpaca.
Step 5: Add machine stitched details. (Optional)
Step 6: Using foam tape adhere the alpaca to your card front and embellish card with sequins and twine. Adhere card front to A6 card base.

Here are two more cards I created using banners as an idea within my card layout.

For original blog post see StickerKitten - here.

I love all things Llamas and Alpacas - so I absolutely love that this was a Christmas theme for the latest StickerKitten Collection Box.

Hope you enjoyed my tutorial for today!
Happy Crafting!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

A Super Quick Card!