The Cut Shoppe: Guest Designer

Hello!

Today I'm guest designing for The Cut Shoppe! I was a little nervous when Ashley invited me to guest design using her cut files. I LOVE my silhouette but aside from using it to cut out stamped images I hardly use it to it's full potential! 

Here are my first cards using Summer Vibes.
For this card I decided I wanted to pair the Summer Vibes cut out with Silk Microifine Glitter and sentiments from Elizabeth Craft Designs: Beach Sentiments. 

I certainly loved the challenge of putting these two products together. The card stock I like to use is quite think, adding the double sided tape to specific areas of the pineapple meant I had to take this into account when adjusting my cut settings. For this I put my blade up to 9 (keep in mind I'm probably due to replace it!) and used the double cut feature.

Once I was happy with my cut settings I was able to cut my resized pineapples and use a burnishing technique to add the silk microfine glitter to where I had applied the double sided tape.  
I stamped the sentiments on co-ordinating paper and adhered these loosely to my card. I added a machine stitched border and finished the card off with some enamel dots and a twine bow. The green card front is embossed.
I'm a HUGE fan of pineapples (stamps, dies, cut files...on my pizza!) - my middle child who is three also loves them! So using the same technique it was easy to create a second card using the same pineapple cut file. This time I made it a little bigger, changed the orientation and added a few extra sentiments...

It's his favourite card - of which I had no choice but to give to him...


Thanks for stopping by to see my guest design card for The Cut Shoppe! I am back again tomorrow sharing a second card for my guest appearance - but if you can't wait to see what I created check out The Cut Shoppe blog - here.

Happy Crafting!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

A Super Quick Card!