Craftie Cafe: Easter's on its Way!

Easter is on it’s way! After Christmas when Hot Cross Buns became available at the shops I was thrilled! I’m also a BIG chocolate eater – I love Easter and love getting a chance to challenge myself and create a few Easter themed cards with a few supplies I got from Craftie Café. I have in the past created my Easter cards based on religious themed stamps and dies, but as I’ve had kids (who are all now at the age where an Easter egg hunt is the best thing ever!) my cards now reflect this… so todays card (with video tutorial) is rather cute and was a lot of fun (messy too!) and all about the eggs…and bunnies!

Here is the card:


I used a combination of Lawn Fawn inks, my finger (wonderful stamping tool!) and Poppystamps die - bunny ears to create this grid layout Easter card. The sentiments are from Impression Obsession: Easter Basket - which is unfortunatlely now out of stock - but any Easter sentiment would work with this card.

I took the opportunity to create a few more cards using the different sentiments available in this stamp set.

Here is my second card: Sending Special Spring Wishes


And… card #3: Happy Easter


Here is a video of how I created this card. I've used my fingerprint in the past as a stamping tool...Messy stuff! But these light pastel shades didn't seem to stain my fingers as much as they have been in the past with other more vibrant colours. You could possibly use a glove - but I would test it out of scrap paper first.
VIDEO


SUPPLIES LIST:
Craftie Café

Impression Obsession – Easter Basket

Other:
Tape Runner

Scissors/Paper Trimmer

Neenah White Cardstock
Cardstock
Cuttlebug
MLPW - Sequins (Diamond)
Twine - Neutral
MISTI

Versafine Black Onyx Ink


Happy Crafting and YAY! Easter's on its Way!
Entered into Simon Says Stamp: Monday Challenge (Easter/Spring)


Comments

  1. wow love your finger stamped bunnies, they are so cute, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

Guest Designer: Beth Duff Designs (+ Blog Hop!)