Elizabeth Craft Designs: March Challenge (Frame it!)

It's Challenge time again over at Elizabeth Craft Designs. The theme: Frame it! So many option, so many ideas! I decided to create a card using the Entwined Egg die. The biggest challenge for me was finding a medium that would create a really light pastel palette. I originally tried Distress Inks but wasn't happy with how it turned out. In the end I realised that the only light enough colours I own would be my Copic markers - so using BV, RV, R, and Y in numbers ranging from 000-1 I created two cards.

Here is my first card for the Frame It challenge: 
I created my background using ECD: Bouquet Embossing Folder. I cut the Entwined Egg die on Copic friendly paper and coloured it in using my Copic markers. Next I die-cut a few of the flowers in a range of colour coordinating paper that matched the egg frame. I added sequins and embellished it with a bow. The sentiment is from Elizabeth Craft Designs: Spring Sentiments.


Here is a second card. Same design but this time I used my Copic markers to create a very light background. 
I love this colour palette. I'm amazed that I haven't used my Copics to create more unique backgrounds like this!



For today's challenge Elizabeth Craft Designs are giving away a $20 Gift Card to use on our website to 3 winners

To enter simply leave a comment on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Challenge post and tell us What Elizabeth Craft Designs dies or stamp sets would you use to frame something on a card, scrapbook layout of home decor item?

We will select 3 lucky winners in a random drawing 

The winners will be announced on Friday, March 23rd on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog.

Happy Crafting!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

A Super Quick Card!