StickerKitten: Mermaid Treasures (Paper Tearing Part. 1)

Hello!

Early this month I got my amazing Mermaid Treasures Collection Box from StickerKitten. As you can tell by the name it's ocean/mermaid themed and full of pretty embellishments and paper. It also has two stamp set which have the most adorable images.

I've decided to split my blog post into two parts. One of the things I love most about StickerKitten's Collection Boxes is how easy it is to create card sets. I ended up creating seven cards (over 3-4 days) using one simple background technique and the Mermaid Treasure ephemera.

I've included a step by step instruction for the first card and a few tips on what I would call a classic technique that anyone of any age could do: Paper Tearing.

Here is the first card:

Card Instructions:

Step 1: Take three strips of pattern paper (measuring: 5cm x 10cm) and rip the bottoms off each one.

Step 2: Adhere these three strips to the top of your cardfront as shown (Trim edges if necessary).

(Cardfront measurements: 10cm x 14.5cm)

Step 3: Corner punch the top right corner.

Step 4: Using black ink, stamp the sentiment as shown.

Step 5: Add machine stitched details. (Optional)
Tip: Try using hand stitching or re-create similar stitched details using a black or white pen.

Step 6: Using foam tape adhere Mermaid Treasures ephemera and embellish card with sequins and twine. Adhere cardfront to A6 card base.


 Supplies List: 


Other: 
Cardstock 
Black Ink 
Sewing Machine 
Tape Runner/Gluedots/Multi Medium Matte 
Paper Trimmer/Scissors
Below are a few more card examples using the paper tearing technique. Paper tearing is the perfect technique to match with Mermaid Treasure Collection Box. It’s an easy and simple way to create a fun background that can represent the waves of an ocean. I specifically love that this technique doesn't require much in terms of tools - its paper tearing! A few tips I came across while I was creating these cards was to tear the paper towards you which gave me more control of where the paper teared. This paper also has a white core - if you didn't want any white to show tearing the opposite way would give you this effect.


Have you tried paper tearing before? Would you try it now after seeing my cards? It's definitely a technique I would recommend - I'd even say include your young children and make a craft session out of it. It's extremely therapeutic and my little ones love it...just don't give them the "good" paper!!!   

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed my cards today. I'll be back soon with part two sharing a few more card using paper tearing and StickerKittens Mermaid Treasures Collection Box.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

A Super Quick Card!