Craftie Cafe: Sneak peek planner card

It’s a new year and I’m back again for Craftie Café – this month showcasing planner stamps!

Unfortunately, I’m not a planner girl – I keep all that stuff digital on my boring phone…not that I haven’t been drawn to those cute planner stamps or thought about changing it up and going back to a paper diary! I just think I’d procrastinate on the keeping it updated and organised and get distracted with buying more stamps to decorate it (haha!)

So for this month’s theme I’m using those cute planner stamps but I’m creating cards with them – so for those who have an abundant amount of planner stamps can be inspired to utilise them in other ways…

Here is the first card:



I made a few birthday themed cards using Taylored Expressions: Puffy Alpha and Sneak a Peek. I originally thought I’d make some happy new year cards but January marks my thirty something birthday…so I’m in a birthday mood at the moment!




To create these cards I started by stamping all the letters and animal characters on white (copic friendly) card. I used my silhouette to cut them out but for those who don’t have one stick with good old scissors – and cut them out. I thought about colouring the letters – but I changed my mind as I was working out placement, instead I used wink of Stella – clear and gave them a lot of sparkle. The animal characters I coloured in with my copic markers. I’ve listed the markers below along with the rest of the supplies I used to create these cards.

Once the characters were all coloured I assembled them on to my card front. I used foam tape to prop up the letters and tucked the characters where they could fit behind the letters. I finished the cards off by adding stars and sequins. Matted the card front to a black card base and lastly added some black and silver twine to fit in with the sparkly letters and star theme I was going with…




Copic Markers:

Bat: V20/V22/V25/V28/RV21
Owl: B00/B01/B02/B04
Penguin: T0/T3/T4/T5/T6/R20
Lion: Y21/Y38/YR68/R20
Monkey: E31/E37/E57/E59/R20
Bear: E31/E33/E35/E37
Pig: RV10/RV21/RV23
Fox: Y21/YR68/Y38/T0
Koala: R20/T0/T3/T4
Goat: T3/E31/E33/E35
Cat 1: R20/Y21/Y38/YR68
Cat 2: R20/Y21/Y38/YR68/B18/R46
Bunny: RV21/T0/T2/T3
Giraffe: Y21/YR23/Y35/E37 

Craftie Café Supplies:


Other:

Tape Runner/foam tape
Scissors/Paper Trimmer
White Card
Black  Cardstock
Twine
Silver Ribbon/twine
Memento black ink
Star sequins
Googly eyes – small 3mm
Small star die
Wink of Stella - Clear
My Little Paper World – Rectangle Nesting Die TRIBAL
Cuttlebug
Silhouette Cameo
Copic markers/Copic Friendly Paper




Are you a planner girl (or boy)? Do you use your planner stamps in other ways?

Happy Crafting and thanks for stopping by.


Samantha

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

Guest Designer: Beth Duff Designs (+ Blog Hop!)