Craftin Desert Divas: Distress Oxide Inks

Today I have a simple card I'd like to share using the new August release Mushroom Border die from Craftin Desert Divas and Distress Oxide Inks.

I don't own very many oxide inks I have about ten but I still wanted to share one way of using these inks to highlight areas of a die-cut. For this card I am using: Candied Apple, Squeezed Lemonade, Peacock Feahers, Cracked Pistachio, Abandoned Coral, and Picked Raspberry. 
I used a blending brush (which I prefer over a blending sponge) to apply ink on to my die-cut snails. I used watercolour cardstock as I find that the ink absorbs more evenly and that I don't need to work as hard to get the ink onto my cardstock. I then co-ordinated matching patterned paper to each snail and used the shell die-cut. These were adhered to each snail with foam tape. I added a sentiment from Craftin Desert Divas: Say It Big stamp and embellished my card with enamel dots and a twine bow. I also added a machine stitched border to my card front. 

 Supplies Used:
Distress Inks
Watercolour Card
Pattern Paper
White Cardstocl
Blending Brush
Craft Mat
Cuttlebug
Sewing Machine
Scissors/Paper Trimmer
Foam Tape/Tape Runner
MISTI
Thanks for stopping by - Check out the Craftin Desert Divas design team - here as they explore other ways to use Distress Oxide Ink!

Happy Crafting!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elizabeth Craft Designs: You Are Awesome!

Growing in Unity: Day 1

A Super Quick Card!